We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that delivers superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology,hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
Our culture is open, inclusive, transparent and honest. We are striving everyday to deliver the best possible experience to not only our hosts and guests but also our wonderful employees (we like to call ourselves Pigeons, in honour of our brand mascot, Sir P John.) We work hard, we have fun and we look after each other.
What will you be doing?
- Deal with the daily reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconcile expense claims and ensuring that descriptions of expenditure are provided and expenditure is correctly coded
- Preparation of Month End Management Accounts including month end journals adjustments, including accruals and prepayments.
- Checking the VAT returns
- Assist with external accounts
- Analyse various expense codes to assist with year-end and audit process.
- Setting up users on finance applications
- Provide ad hoc cost information as requested
- Assisting Financial Manager with other tasks as assigned
- Support an effective tax management in cooperation with external tax advisors
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local legislation
- Raise sales invoices on internal system. Liaise with the Account Management team to verify accuracy. Be the first point of contact for any queries
- Code and input all sales invoices
- Maintain and update the debtors list as payments are received
- Maintain appropriate records
- Prepare payments (Local and foreign transfer) for signature/approval post-processing by AP officer. Enter payments into accounts system and issue remittance advice to appropriate teams.
- Maintain appropriate records
What will you bring?
- You have previous experience in accounting between 1-2 years.
- You possess a strong academic background: a Bachelor’s degree (2:1 or higher).
- You take pride in your work and in the Hostmaker offering
- You have strong presentation skills, and excellent communication skills – fluent English & Thai is essential.
- You possess exceptional attention to detail, you are passionate about getting the numbers right, which you’ll demonstrate in your application by mentioning your favourite travel destination.
- You appreciate that, in a startup, time is money, and you'll demonstrate it by sending a CV in pdf that is one page long, no more.
- You love to execute fast and get things done! Be ready to be hands-on with all aspects of the needs of the team.
- You love working in a team and will work towards building a great team that is receptive to new ideas and feedback.
- Proficient in using Excel (Intermediate to advanced level).
- Thai tax and accounting law knowledge.
- Accounting software know how (Sage, Opera, Quickbooks, Netsuite) – previous experience of Xero is a big plus!
We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Opportunity to shadow other teams and great career development opportunities
- Discounted Airbnb travel, we want our staff to truly understand the Airbnb experience
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon and Bangkok, so you next holiday is sorted!)
- Phone usage for company purposes is included
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!
- Transport allowance (BTS Card)