We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
The Software We Build
For a company of this size, we have a wide variety of software with a wide variety of users. For example:
- A marketing website focused on property owners
- A dashboard for our property owners to understand how we are looking after their properties and making them money
- A booking platform where you can book cleaning services, or someone to meet your guests
- A mobile app that our housekeepers, drivers and welcome wizards use
- A tool to price all of our properties, and list across multiple booking sites (airbnb, booking.com, homeaway etc), used by our team of pricing experts
- A tool to algorithmically optimise the schedule of our field staff, so that they can move around the city in the most efficient way, used by our operations team
- Backend systems to manage all of our bookings, properties, guests etc from the office
... and even more are planned.
Each one of them needs to work equally well in all our European and Asian markets.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Review functional requirements and user stories; work with product managers and users to make more specific.
- Design test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications.
- Submit and verify defects, keep track of test results to assist in debugging and modification of all technology products
- Analyse test results to certify existing functionality and integrations and recommend corrective action upon failures.
What can you bring?
- You are passionate about the Airbnb experience & hospitality.
- 2-4 years of experience within QA function
- Experience Exploratory/Manual Testing - Defining Use-Cases
- Implemented Cross Browser Testing Strategy
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with SQL
- Testing of API - via Postman or similar tools
- Releasing tested functionality
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- 33 days of paid holiday
- Quarterly global tech team meet ups at Hostmaker HQ - expect hackathons and game nights!
- We employ as full-time freelancers