We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that delivers superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
Our culture is important to us; it is open, inclusive, transparent and honest. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. We are striving everyday to deliver the best possible experience to not only our hosts and guests but also our people. We work hard, we have fun and we look after each other.
What will you be doing?
You will be working with business leaders, product managers, designers and engineers to optimise our Host product offering. You will:
- Take ownership of one of our Host-facing products end-to-end. Define the problems that stand between us and a great customer experience for our hosts and work with developers and designers to deliver solutions.
- Build our Host journeys, road maps, user stories to really understanding our user base.
- Support and facilitate agile sprints for rapid prototyping of new features and high-level implementation planning.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to deliver quick solutions and be able to see a direct impact of your work.
- Be able to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and prioritise emerging tasks to meet the needs and goals of the business.
- Collaborative with teams across the business, globally.
What can you bring?
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in a strategic, analytical and data-driven role ideally in retention or customer success
- You possess a strong academic background with at least a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- You take a customer-first approach to everything you do
- You are a self starter with a can do attitude. You bring creative problem solving skills to the table.
- You are a master of data and have extensive experience using data-centric approach combined with analytical thinking
- You have experience developing and launching successful retention campaigns
- You have experience handling data in SQL and Excel and have used BI tools to develop dashboards for metric tracking (i.e Periscope)
- You may have experience in the travel, leisure and/or property space
- Preferably fluent in more than one European language
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discretionary bonuses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Cake Wednesdays!
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Rome, Barcelona, Madrid, Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur so your next holiday is sorted!)
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!