We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is open, inclusive, transparent and honest. We are striving everyday to deliver the best possible experience to not only our hosts and guests but also our wonderful employees (we like to call ourselves Pigeons, in honour of our brand mascot, Sir P John.) We work hard, we have fun and we look after each other.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To take command of the flurry of guest interaction through the inboxes of our ‘Hands-Off’ Airbnb hosts, making sure no messages slip through the net. You’ll review and respond to the numerous guest enquiries we receive daily, and it’ll be your job to ensure our guests are informed and ready for their trip (before, during and after).
- To put your slick social skills to use daily, liaising between multiple teams across the business and, of course, the guests on the other end of the inbox.
- To manage our reservations system meticulously.
- To brush up on your knowledge of London’s hot spots and greatest hits, in order to give guests a
What will you bring?
- A travel enthusiast, obviously, but you also eat and drink where the locals do.
- You truly get Airbnb (for hosts and for guests), and you’ll get extra points if you’ve previously worked in the hospitality industry.
- The best time-manager in the East. We answer all guest enquiries within an hour, and you’ll need to maintain (or improve, if you fancy a challenge) this level of service. • Someone with an impeccable grasp of the English language, both written and spoken.
- You really, really love organising. No, really. Google calendars are your thing and your email inbox is flagged, starred and filed to perfection.
- You've got a keen eye for detail - and you'll prove it to us by mentioning your favourite holiday location in your application to us. This is a little test we use to make sure you're not applying to every job in sight.
- Ideally, you’ve previously worked in a client-facing role and in an organisation where coordination among departments was critical to success.
- A fast-growing startup full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday.
- A supportive investor group that believes in our vision.
- You’ll be working Malaysia time 9am–6pm or 10am–7pm or 1am–9am (including 1 hour break).
- Full-time position, we work 5 days a week which includes some weekends and bank holidays. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too!)
- Work from home or in a cool and vibrant co-working space! First month of training is provided.
- Expected salary based on experience and last salary drawn, MYR 2,500–MYR 5,000 per month.
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Rome, Florence, Cannes, Paris and Bangkok. With more cities opening!)