We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that delivers superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology,hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
Our culture is important to us; it is open, inclusive, transparent and honest. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. We are striving everyday to deliver the best possible experience to not only our hosts and guests but also our wonderful employees (we like to call ourselves Pigeons, in honour of our brand mascot, Sir P John.) We work hard, we have fun and we look after each other.
What will you bring?
- You are a travel enthusiast, obviously.
- You are fluent in English and Portuguese - any extra languages a bonus!
- You truly get Airbnb (for hosts and for guests), and you’ll get extra points if you’ve previously worked in the hospitality industry
- You love problem solving and will go to any length to find a solution!
- You really, really love organising. No, really. Google calendars are your thing and your email inbox is flagged, starred and filed to perfection
- You've got a keen eye for detail - and you'll prove it to us by mentioning your favourite holiday location in your application to us. This is a little test we use to make sure you're not applying to every job in sight
- Ideally, you’ve previously worked in a client-facing role and in an organisation where coordination among departments was critical to success
What you will be doing?
- Reporting into the Operations Manager.
- Going to be trusted implicitly with hosts’ most-prized possession: their home!
- Taking responsibility for scheduling the day for the Ops Team, which can amount to over 20+ services! We do have scheduling tools that help ease the burden though :)
- Helping the frontline team in the day to day and be their eyes in the office.
- Tracking our daily performance.
- Tracking the keys in order to update always their movements.
- Managing of the keys supplied to people in the field;
- Supporting/Helping the team focused on the guest experience to deliver the best service.
- Coordinating emergency logistics - no day is ever the same at Hostmaker and it is our job to solve all those unexpected issues when they arise to ensure that our guests have a flawless stay.
- Putting your slick social skills to use daily, liaising between multiple teams across the business and, of course, our external maintenance partners and suppliers.
- Working full-time, which means some weekends and bank holidays. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too!)
- You are eligible for an internship (IEFP) according to the Portuguese law
- A fast-growing, Series B company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!