We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What You Can Expect
- To gain amazing experience in a leading fast-paced tech & hospitality startup
- To develop a varied set of skills - you will go through a series of rotations through different departments of our business: guest experience, account management, finance, operations and more, depending on your profile.
- No two days are the same, and you could be tasked with anything from speaking with our guests, meeting and greeting guests, helping get our homes up to the quality we need, managing our inboxes, getting supplies and materials to the right home at the right time, and anything else that will help improve every step of the guest journey
- To polish your amazing problem-solving skills - we’ll be testing your mettle with a whole host of tasks, some of them we’ve never tackled before and asking you to find new and innovative to deliver our services
- To work full-time, with some potential shifts over evenings and weekends. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too, with an active social and sporting scene!)
What can you bring?
- Be reliable, hard-working and willing to get stuck into anything
- Potentially a hospitality graduate or student, looking for a huge challenge to learn, grow and contribute
- Fresh thinking and able to step back and solve problems, but not afraid to get stuck in to the day to day of operating a business
- Someone who truly gets the homestay and hospitality experience - and can go above and beyond to deliver a great guest experience
- You have good written English (other languages are a bonus!) and able to create and refine written listings or important customer emails
- A troubleshooter, naturally able to find new ways of doing things and able to communicate and convince of your ideas
- You've got great attention to detail, which you'll prove to us when you remember to mention your favourite holiday destination in your cover letter!
- Able to interview during July for a quick start and then 6 to 10 weeks of work
- A hard worker - as a hospitality business during peak season, we'll be working long hours and throwing our energy and passion into delivering for guests all over London every day
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Regular celebrations and office breakfast, drinks and snacks
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything
A final word - in your cover letter, please outline a real world example where you've either (a) fixed a critical problem fast or (b) gone above and beyond for a customer.