We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
You will be working as part of our passionate People Team to lead on all things learning and development. You need to be both passionate about learning and understand the commercial side to remain agile in a fast paced and dynamic organisation. This is a hands-on role, including the management, development and delivery of various L&D programmes.
- Manage, develop and improve new and existing learning and development programmes and initiatives
- Design and embed the frameworks for developing our flock in all areas of competency - both technical and cultural
- Content creation and delivery of various management training schemes / sessions
- Work with our flock to teach them how best in class learning and development is done within a scaling and fast-paced organisation
- Working with the team to develop succession plans and programmes to our enthusiastic and hardworking flock
- Take a lead role in internship and graduate schemes with Hostmaker
- Work closely with third party suppliers where required
- Play a pivotal role in the roll-out of an LMS system
What can you bring?
- 4+ years of experience in a progressive and strategic business partner role in talent development, learning and development and onboarding
- Ideally you will have a Coaching or L&D qualification such as CIPD or TAP
- You have experience planning and implementing development programmes for companies that have a strong operational focus (e.g. customer service, retail, consumer goods, hospitality etc)
- You have a deep understanding of what makes people tick and how to facilitate their professional development into a high growth startup
- You have experience rolling out global learning initiatives to create a seamless experience for international team members
- You have a track record of delivering comprehensive leadership and management learning experiences
- Ideally be fluent in more than one European language including English
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believes in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive salary
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme