We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that delivers superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology,hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in - London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the City Manager, you will be trusted to care for growing and retaining our portfolio of homes in Barcelona.
You will ensure the success of a varied portfolio of Hostmaker properties of new and existing accounts by:
- Achieving a deep understanding of Hostmaker’s value proposition in addition to demonstrating the platform’s benefits and capabilities to win new business and maintain existing accounts.
- Converting our inbound leads, understanding the ins and outs of our service, keeping the responsiveness at impressively high levels.
- Establishing timely renewals by owning the commercial relationship end to end, including client growth and strategy, forecasting, negotiation and execution of contracts.
- Partnering with Hostmaker’s marketing and yield management team to align on client needs, use cases and success stories.
- Ensuring all our current Hosts’ questions, comments and concerns are answered. Our host queries range from the mundane to the challenging - from maintenance to pricing strategy.
- And given your admirable efforts above, drive outstanding rates of renewal, expansion and advocacy in Hostmaker’s client base.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about the Airbnb experience & hospitality.
- You have experience in actively interacting and growing a portfolio of accounts - think more B2C than B2B - this role is not a passive management of large accounts.
- You bring 2 - 5 years of sales or business development.
- You are incredibly organised: efficiency is key.
- You are a people’s person - You are eager to work in a business that puts customer first and you are ready and willing to provide creative and thoughtful solutions to our customer’s questions or problems.
- You bring problem solving skills with doses of common sense, cheerfulness and stamina to the table. You enjoy team work!
- Your grammar is flawless and emails are articulate.
Our Culture and Perks
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Equity depending on the level of position
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discounted Airbnb travel, we want our staff to truly understand the Airbnb experience
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, and Kuala Lumpur so you next holiday is sorted!)
- Coffee, fruit and snacks everyday, regular drinks/game nights and at least two major fab parties!
- No birthday goes unnoticed, so expect an embarrassingly big cake!
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything from making the perfect roux to learning the node.js frameworks!
- Competitive salary
- Generous incentive scheme for converting new sales leads with the potential to make 100% more of salary!
- Equity depending on the level of position
- Discounted Airbnb travel
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re now in London, Paris, Cote D'Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, and Kuala Lumpur! More cities opening this year)
- All business expenses are included