We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a fast growth, tech enabled, full-service home rentals management company - looking for recent graduates or students to work with us for our Rotational Internship programme.
We offer dynamic pricing expertise, thoughtful interior design and hotel-style operations for homes across London and key European cities. We raised a Series B round in November 2017 and are backed by institutional funding from credible investors from technology, real estate and hospitality backgrounds.
Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, recognised our industry leadership by selecting Hostmaker as preferred partner for its first foray into serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in April, 2018.
Hostmaker was featured by Forbes as one of five fastest-growing British businesses to watch in 2016 and ranked #20 and then #11 by StartUps UK in 2016 and 2017, respectively.
What can you expect?
- To gain amazing experience in a leading fast-paced tech & hospitality startup
- Support the finance team in Spain recording financial transactions, processing sales invoices , bank reconciliations, handling accounts payable and receivable, paying regular bills for the company, handling supplier invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments.
- Spend time with our Tribe and work under the "Host" umbrella and specifically, making sure our properties will be ready to go live, publish the listings ...among other tasks that will help you develop a varied set of skills.
- Additionally, you´ll help on some office management tasks.
- To work full-time.
What will you bring?
- A reliable, hard working and willing to get stuck into anything
- You have basic maths and accounting knowledge.
- Fresh thinking and able to step back and solve problems, but not afraid to get stuck in to the day to day of operating a business
- You are fluent in Spanish and have good command of English (other languages are a bonus!)
- A trouble-shooter, naturally able to find new ways of doing things and able to communicate and convince of your ideas
- Able to start ASAP and work full-time for a 6 month period. Possibility of renewing your contract.
Our Culture and Perks
Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced.
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Regular celebrations and office breakfast, drinks and snacks
- Subsidised Gym membership
- Discounted outdoor sports activities
- Mentor Monday: talks and workshops from expert guest speakers from the start-up scene.
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything