We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of our product leaders team and you will be owning one of our product offerings:
- Designing and implementing a seamless customer experience journey for our users.
- Translating complex user journeys and product requirements to create an elegant and seamless experience.
- Designing and building scalable design solutions for our product suite.
- Working in agile, cross-functional teams with product owners, product managers and engineers to bring designs to reality.
- Creating a scalable design system based on our brand style guidelines, working closely with our creative team.
What can you bring?
- You have at least 5+ years in a product or UX/UI design-focused role.
- You possess a strong academic background and Bachelor’s degree and a beautiful portfolio of clean designs.
- You have hybrid skills in UX and UI.
- You are an expert in creating design systems using Sketch.
- You know how to build ‘developer friendly’ designs using Invision.
- You have extensive experience working in global cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and business stakeholders.
- You love agile and scrum methodologies and use JIRA for management and collaboration..
- You are a master of design and how to push our products to the next level.
- You have great communication skills and ability to work effectively with key business leaders, product managers and engineers.
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believes in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive salary
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Quarterly global tech team meet ups at Hostmaker HQ - expect hackathons and game nights!