We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
We are seeking a group of interns to help deliver our premium offer - delivering high quality stays for hundreds of guests every day across London. To help support our phenomenal growth, we are putting together a programme to have teams work right across our business - commercial, guest experience, operations - for minimum 2 months. If you are smart, dynamic and passionate about amazing hospitality and customer service, and willing to throw yourself in the deep-end of one of Europe's start-up success stories, we offer you a fast-paced, hard working culture where you can learn something different every day.
What will you be doing?
- Gaining amazing experience in a leading fast-paced tech & hospitality startup
- Work within our head office as well as visiting our beautiful properties around central London carrying out assessments
- Be a veritable wordsmith, writing catchy descriptions of all new listings of beautiful homes on multiple channels i.e. AirBnB, Booking.com, Homeaway.com, Tribute Portfolio Homes, etc.
- Leading your own mini projects autonomously whilst working with multiple systems
- Work full-time, with some potential shifts over evenings and weekends. Alas, it can’t all be fun and games (but we do have plenty of those, too, with an active social and sporting scene!)
What can you bring?
- You are a current student or a recent graduate passionate about the sharing economy and/or Airbnb.
- You come from a strong academic background (a 2:1 or higher from a top tier university).
- You are fast; beating timelines is your passion!
- You are eager to work in a business that puts customer first, and you are ready and willing to provide creative and thoughtful solutions to our customers' questions or problems.
- You’ve also got great attention to detail, which you’ll prove to us when you remember to mention your favourite holiday destination in your application.
Our programme is demanding and in return for your commitment, our programme offers:
- Regular access to Senior Leaders - learning sessions to discuss what it takes to run a business growing at rapid pace
- A chance to try your hand at a range of business functions and frame an early view on future careers and passion areas
- Buddy and mentor opportunities from passionate and experienced leaders
- Amazing stories to tell at future interviews about growing a leading start-up
- An increasingly powerful brand for your CV / Resume
- A great network of colleagues for fun, advice and networking over the next month and in the future
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Regular celebrations and office breakfast, drinks and snacks
- An incredibly talented team who can teach you anything
- This is a paid internship