We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. We have scaled rapidly in just five years across major international destinations with offices in London, Paris, Cannes, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
We are revolutionising the homestay experience through our end-to-end property management service, providing thoughtful interior design to attentive hotel-style services. Not only do we offer memorable stays, we utilise our strength in dynamic pricing to deliver superior yields for property investors, landlords with multiple properties, and even individual homeowners.
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018 and named as one of the 100 European start-ups to watch in 2019! Being recognised among such dynamic peers means the world to us, though we are still keeping our focus firmly on our mission to unlock the potential of every home.
Our culture is important to us. We are a diverse bunch; the pigeons who flock here are curious, creative and determined to go beyond the brief for our hosts, guests and for each other. We aim to create the best environment possible for them to let their talent shine through.
Check out our tech stack here!
For a company of this size, we have an very wide variety of software, with a wide variety of users. For example:
- A marketing website focused on property owners (written using react-static)
- A dashboard for our property owners to understand how we are looking after their properties and making them money (written in react.js)
- A booking platform where you can book cleaning services, or someone to meet your guests (written in next.js)
- A mobile app that our housekeepers, drivers and welcome wizards use (hostmaker-operations written using react-native)
- A tool to price all of our properties, and list across multiple booking sites (airbnb, booking.com, homeaway etc), used by our team of pricing experts (written in ember.js but revamped version in react.js)
- A tool to algorithmically optimise the schedule of our field staff, so that they can move around the city in the most efficient way, used by our operations team (written in node.js and react.js)
- Backend systems to manage all of our bookings, properties, guests etc from the office (node.js)
... and even more are planned.
Each one of them needs to work equally well in Paris, Barcelona, Rome, London, Lisbon, Cannes, Florence, Madrid, Bangkok and many more coming soon.
What can you bring?
We’re looking for a nifty, knowledgeable coding extraordinaire to help us develop the platforms and tools needed to conquer the rest of the world.
- 3+ years’ on-the-job experience
- Proficient in node.js runtime
- You’ve worked with distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial, and loved them
- You’re experienced in AWS, especially EC2, RDS, and S3 (and other acronyms we may not have even heard of yet)
- API development using Express.js backed by SQL database
- Experience with RDMS like MySQL
- Devops experience using elastic-beans-stalk or docker in AWS is a bonus
- Experience working with remote development team
A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged pigeons who’ll keep you on your toes everyday!
- Investors that believe in our mission!
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus entitlement
- Annual Hostmaker home travel allowance (we’re now in 11 cities across Europe and Asia so your next holiday is sorted!)
- 33 days of paid holiday
- Quarterly global tech team meet ups at Hostmaker HQ - expect hackathons and game nights!
- We employ as full-time freelancers
- Salary range from £30,000 - £55,000 per annum